Create Issue (Task) In epic using Automation

jason_nash June 15, 2021

I have read a few different articles and can see I should be using epic link trigger set to trigger issue however when I try to use that I get an error. 

"Unknown fields set during create, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored - Epic Link (customfield_10014)"

I can make it work with subtasks for which there appears to be a specific new action for can anyone please point me in the right direction... Please :-) 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

Hi @jason_nash , welcome to the Community!

Are you trying to edit the Epic Link, or use it as a trigger for your automation rule? You may not be able to do both of these at the same time as it might create an endless loop which would fail. Perhaps a screenshot of your rule might help?

First thing I would do is check that the Epic Link field is on the correct screen associated with the issue type you are trying to edit

jason_nash June 15, 2021

Yep, that was my issue at some point that epic link had got removed... and putting it back appears to have fixed. it..  thanks... it was driving me crazy 

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

@jason_nash Glad you've got it resolved! It can definitely be frustrating/confusing, especially if it was another Jira admin who removed the fields!

If you feel like this answered your question, feel free to hit the Accept Answer button, as it may help other community members who have a similar question :) 

jason_nash June 19, 2021

Thanks for your help btw... 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events