Crazy dropdown appearing when selecting project

Paul Carver November 15, 2019

This is bizzare.  When I click to select a project in JIRA, I get this weird dropdown menu.  I suspect it is possibly a Window 10 dropdown somehow appearing in Chrome (doesn't appear in Edge or Firefox).  I've opened JIRA in Chrome incognito mode (all plugins disabled) and this dropdown still appears.  I can't right-click to "inspect" the HTML.  Even if I bring up the Chrome debugging tools, this dropdown doesn't appear in the browser DOM...hence whey I'm thinking this is Windows 10 somehow hijacking Chrome.

Any ideas?

2019-11-15_7-25-15.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2019

It appears to be an auto complete issue. I see something similar in Safari but only once I start to type. I would try disabling auto complete and test.  

Paul Carver November 15, 2019

Yea, that was it.  The bummer is that Chrome auto-complete also handles things like addresses and names...so disabling it will be a pain when I need to fill in my next order form. :-)

Thanks for the head's up, but for now I may end up just clicking around the issue.

Suggest an answer