Could I set up a kanban board on JIRA Service Desk?

4 answers

1 accepted

Hello, Yes, you can. When creating a board (Menu board > View all boards > Create board) make sure to select the option "Create Board from an existing project" and select your Service Desk project. After that, to add the board into the service desk view, you can "Add a link" on the "Project Shortcut".

Did you have JIRA Software, right?

Regards. 

Thanks! Yeah, I have it.

But service requests are not automagically added to sprints.

for some reason new requests are not showing up in the "To Do" column.

Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 08.06.27.pngHi @Lameck Oliveira,

what would this mean?

I followed the instructions above but my list of existing Projects does not include Service Desk projects just Jira. I am signed in as admin to both and the authentication is using LDAP.  I also have the applications (jira & servicedesk) linked , is there anything else I need to do

We are using a number of projects to manage incoming support as well as development tasks as they are identified and would like to organize using a board.

I cannot find the option to create a board anywhere in my instance.

I am using JIRA Service Desk, but do not have JIRA Software.

Is it possible to configure a board to organize issues as they are coming into projects from the Service Desk portal or email submission? We've also set up a generic intake project that we were thinking of configuring for some issues that the user was unsure where to assign the issue.

Thank you for your assistance

Danny,

Boards are not available in JSD standalone, you need to have Jira Software installed as well.

While its possible your users will require JIRA software permissions to view boards. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,081 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot