Copying a workflow to change status

Rod McWilliams February 23, 2014

I made a copy of an existing workflow. The existing workflow works really well. But I have another series of issues to create where I have to modify one status point. So I attempted to create a new workflow based of the existing one, to renam it and ad in the new status point and transistion label. However, before I could add the new Status name a warning appeared to say "This status is used in other workflows, editing it will affect them." I thought, thats not possible - this is a new workflow now with a new name. Sure enough, after I created the new workflow the old one that I copied this one from had changed. How is that so? If I copy one workflow to make change to reuse elsewhere and rename it, why do the changes I make to the new one also change in the one I copied it from? Please help.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2014

Are you trying to change the status name? Changing the status name will affect all workflows that us that status. You should just create a new status in the statuses section if this is the case.

Rod McWilliams February 24, 2014

Thank you very much. That fixed it.

Suggest an answer