Copy Parent issue field to the Sub tickets automatically

Venugopal Paladi June 15, 2022

Hi All,

My request is :  There is one field named Ex: XYZ. 

The above XYZ field value should be copied from the parent issues (EPIC) to the child issues automatically when a child issue is created.

And, Whenever the user tries to change the value in the child issue that edit should revert the XYZ value to match the Epic's value.

Please help me through this. How can i  do this.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

There are a few ways to do this, but all of them need apps and a little scripting/coding.

Do you have Automation, Scriptrunner, JMWE, Powerscripts etc?  If you've got more than one, any preference?  (If you want answers from me, then I won't be able to help you with JMWE or Powerscripts, I've focussed on the first two because they're almost always there on the systems I work with)

Venugopal Paladi June 16, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

We have Scriptrunner in our instance. Could you please help me on this.

Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2022

Yep, that narrows it down a lot.  https://library.adaptavist.com/search?page=1&products=jira&platforms=data-center&term=copy has a pile of examples!

Suggest an answer