Contractor can't search for issues

Jeanette Thomas March 10, 2014

I have successfully set up my permissions so that a contractor can only see the one project I have him assigned to. He can also successfully create an issue. However, when he clicks on My Issues he doesn't see the issues that are assigned to him. Also, I would really like for him to be able to search for and find all issues for the project. But there doesn't seem to be a way for him to do this. Any help would be appreciated. I am definitely a JIRA newbie!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2014

Check how he matches the "browse" permission you have set for the project!

Jeanette Thomas March 10, 2014

Thanks so much. I thought giving him browse permissions would give him access to all projects. But it did not. Appreciate the help.

0 votes
GMSroofingsarasota May 4, 2023

Sounds like a permissions issue, but you're on the right track. Double-check the permissions scheme to ensure the Standing Seam Metal Roof contractor has the necessary permissions. As for searching, maybe try setting up a filter for the contractor to use that includes all project issues.

Suggest an answer