Consolidation of Dashboard

Amitava Chattopadhyay May 24, 2024

Hi!

I have a few queries on Dashboards - consolidated view of multiple dashboards, lable creation in the Dashboard. Need help - kindly assist and let me know if this can be achievable in Jira. Thank you, Amitava

I am working on a dashboard creation for my department say "IT Projects - Dashboard", which management / leadership team will be using. It will work like a homepage for them to nevigate other dashboards already available in the system

e.g. there are three divisions and all have their individual dashboards

a) Development (Dev),

b) Quality Assurance (QA) and

c) Infrastructure (Infra).

Now, I would like to know if creating such dashboard (main), which will have a consolidated view of all other dashboards created in the system. I am sharing a design flow for a better understanding

Main Dashboard (Homepage)

Dashboard_Homepage.png

Second Image: Once someone click QA Dashboard (the following QA Dashboard opens) which also have two tabs i.e. Year 2024 & 2023

Query: How can I create labels like this (2024 & 2023) in any dashoboard on top of the header to showcase Gadgets according to their year under each label - kindly guide if possible

Dashboard_QA-Dashboard.png

Third Image: To view only 2024 Gadgets 

Dashboard_QA-Dashboard_2024.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2024

Hi @Amitava Chattopadhyay ,

You can't achieve that particular look in Jira. What you can do is create one dashboard and color code dev widget in purple, qa in blue, and product in green....etc. However, it would be one dashboard with all the widgets. 

Another option is to share the multiple dashboards as you have and have them set as favorites. So, when your audience logs in to see the favorites, then can choose from the list of favorite dashboards. 

There are marketplace add-ons to achieve similar consolidation but it may not make the most sense unless you are looking for also dashboard widgets extension as well. 

Hope this helps

Amitava Chattopadhyay May 29, 2024

Thank you for your guidance, will explore. 

Regards,

Amitava 

Like Benjamin likes this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2024

Most welcome. Please feel free to reach out the community should you have new questions as you explore. 

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 11, 2024

Hello @Amitava Chattopadhyay,

I am Marlene, product manager of Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.

Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards is a great tool to consolidate dashboards from different teams, if the dashboards have a shared structure.

Our app provides a Quick Controller gadget, which enables you to filter all Quick Gadgets on your dashboard dynamically. That means that for your use case, you would build a main dashboard which shows all issues of all teams per default, and using the Quick Controller you can activate filters to show issues only from one team, e.g. QA.

If you want to link to other gadgets, I would recommend to either use the  "Introduction" gadget from Atlassian. Or our app "Easy Confluence Gadget for Jira" which enables you to display Confluence pages on your Jira dashboard.

You can test Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards without installation on our demo dashboards. 

quick-filters-jira-dashboard_filter-per-project.png

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2024

Hi @Amitava Chattopadhyay,

Such level of customization is not possible in Jira dashboards.

But instead of dashboards, you could create pages in Confluence, which can be customized in the way you want. Jira's gadgets are all available in Confluence as macros. Eventually you can install additional apps like our Great Gadgets app for Confluence to complete your pages with the macros you need.   

A "home" page in Confluence with necessary macros/gadgets and links to other pages showing the info you want could be a complete solution for your needs.

Hope this helps. 

Danut. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events