Connect two Jira instances

Gonzalo Fernández Durán March 24, 2021

Hello community,

i am triying to figure out how i could link two jira instances. The story is that there are two Jira server instance of two different companies, but they are looking to assign issues to each other and link different issues created in both Jiras.

Is that possible?

Thank you in advance

5 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hello @Gonzalo Fernández Durán ,

Issue linking should function by creating application link between these two. But if you want to also affect issues in the other instance, it has to be done through some Marketplace plugin. I suggest Backbone https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215199/backbone-issue-sync-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview or Exalate https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213645/exalate-jira-issue-sync-more?hosting=server&tab=overview but there are more.

If you contact the vendor, they can give you a demo of how it works.

Hope that helps,
Adam

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Dekhtyar _Rozdoum_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 24, 2021

Hi Adam

As alternative to cloning you can use Watchtower addon that would allow you to bring data from both Jiras in one agile boards and work seamlessly. 

If you feel necessary we can organize a demo for you

Regards

Andrey

Watchtower team

1 vote
Umer Sohail _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 26, 2022

Hi @Gonzalo Fernández Durán I hope you found a solution for your problem. If not, I would suggest you to search the Atlassian Marketplace using the keyword "Jira issue sync" and you can find multiple options there. 

For instance, my company K15t also offers a solution called Backbone Issue Sync for Jira. It allows you to connect and synchronize Jira instances and share jira data like fields, comments, attachments in real time.

Plus, you can be very flexible and connect Jira Software, Service Management, or Work Management projects on Jira Cloud, Server, or Data Center.

Let me know in case you have questions or simply sign up for a demo here and we can show you how the product works.

Best Regards, 

Umer Sohail

1 vote
Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021

Hello @Gonzalo Fernández Durán 

Thank you for posting in the community,
I'm Jose, from the Exalate team.

You can integrate the two Jiras through an Exalate connection. 

Here is the step by step process:

Make sure you start on Step 1

Let me know if this helps you, 

Best regards,

Jose

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
August 2, 2022

@Gonzalo Fernández Durán hello there. Hope you've found a solution to your issue. I'd like to propose a solution that might be useful for a similar future project - ZigiOps. It's a no-code integration platform, that can connect the two Jira instances bi-directionally. It can transfer/sync any type of data between them and keep them up-to-date in real-time. You can customize it to fit your use cases - link the Jira issues instantly. Check it out and book a demo if you want to see it in action.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave)

Suggest an answer