• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence calendar showing Jira issues based on custom field?

I have the need for a calendar that shows which jira issues are targeted for which dates.  

We are transitioning a marketing department from Asana to Jira.  In Asana, they can pull up a calendar that shows all the items "due" in a month - so they can see which emails will be sent on which dates.  I have added a due date custom field to the issues in their project.  Is there a way to create a calendar that will show all the issues on their due date?

2 answers

Hi Jennifer

There are quite a few calendar applications for Jira as well as Confluence available in the marketplace to help with this need. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=calendar%20for%20jira they all have their own features and perks so it may be just a matter of seeing which one fits your needs the best. Some popular ones that I've worked with are Team Calendars for Confluence, and Company Calendar for Jira.

It's kind of an open ended response but I hope this helps.

Hi @Jennifer Sherman

You can use the "Jira Issues Calendar" macro, which I believe is bundled with Cloud. This allows you to specify a project or issue filter and a date type (eg. due date, created date) to show on a monthly calendar view.

To access this:

1. Press / (on the new editor) and start typing the macros name, or press the "+" in the tools row, press "View More" and look for the macro.
  2. Give the screen on the right-hand side a few seconds to load, then select a filter and date type
  3. You can select if you want to show versions (i.e releases or not), the number of issues and an auto-refresh interval if you wish
  4. Press Save in the right-hand window and it will show you a preview - then press Save again in the main window to add it to your page.

See an example below - this shows:

• Issues based on due date
  • Versions on their release date
  • Issue Priority - this is the colours, based on priority colours - ie. Red for High, Orange for Medium, Green for Low.

Jira Issues Calendar.png

Or there are apps as Nich mentions which are more powerful, such as Team Calendars for Confluence.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you