Configuring specific fields for different issue types

Hello, I'm having real difficulty configuring different fields per issue type. I only want some fields to display if it is a bug. I can see a few different places where I can setup schemes and configurations but it is not working for me. I suspect I'm doing something wrong. Any help would be great! Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, in administration, go to the custom field, hit configure. Press edit configuration for the application context. Chooset the issue types / projects required for the field to be visible on.

If the field you're referring to isn't a custom field you can't do this. There aren't many of them. Those are the default system fields?

You can try field configurations instead. You can create a field configuration scheme and assign field configurations to issue types. This has show/hide behavior.

Hi Harry, thanks for your response. I've tried that. The only problem is the field I want to show for certain issue types is not listed in the custom fields. Any other suggestions?

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks Harry. I've created a field config scheme and it works a treat!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

135 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you