Components and issue resolutions

stuart-donaghy April 13, 2014

Might be a long shot however it's worth a go to find out if it's something already in existence or I need to get my pencil out and scribble some code.

The problem I have is that I have a dozen components with two dozen issue resolutions, I have this configured in a matrix on an Excel spreadsheet and what I want to do is to have that matrix in Jira for customising a single workflow.

What I want to do with the workflow is only show the resolutions that are applicable to the component without having to have seperate workflows for each component. The reason for this are to do with security permissions and concerns over long term maintenance. For example if I created or deleted an issue from the Matrix.

Thank you. :)

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2014
You can have different transitions for different components (in the same workflow) and then use workflow properties in those transitions to include or exclude resolutions.
stuart-donaghy April 13, 2014

Okay that's one of way of doing it. So how do I implement that? Is there a setting for component id?

Suggest an answer