Compatibility with Internet Explorer 10?

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

We are currently using JIRA v4.4#649-r158309 and I'm experiencing problems when using IE10.

If I used IE10 in compatibility mode, things like the drop-down menus (e.g. clicking on Projects) don't work. If I turn off compatibility mode, though, other things break like the Comment button at the bottom of the issue - it just jumps the browser to the top of the screen.

Are these issues known about or, even better, resolved in 5.x?

Thanks.

Philip

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

Hi Philip,

IE10 isn't currently supported, but our developers are working on it and it will become available at somepoint in the future. However, for now please use one of the supported browsers and keep an eye on this page for news of IE10 support: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Supported+Platforms

All the best,
John

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

Thanks, John. I realise I'm somewhat ahead of the curve in using Windows 8 but it is good to know support is being worked on.

0 votes
Dan Gawarecki February 2, 2014

Atlassian's John Inder stated "developers are working on it" back in Sept. of 2012. Could we, 16+ months later get an ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) for IE10 support? More specifically, I'd like to evaluate Jira Capture (previously known as 'Bonfie'), but am loath to put any effort into it without a clear roadmap of when IE10 (and even IE11) might be supported.

Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2014

Hi Dan, IE10 is already supported as of Jira 6.0, and 11 will be supported in 6.2

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA060/Supported+Platforms

Atlassian has mentioned that they will not be releasing patches for previous versions.

Dan Gawarecki February 4, 2014

Thanks for the quick update! Now for the key question - what about Jira Capture (old name Bonfire)? From what I have been able to find, IE9 is the latest version supported.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012
Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

I did - I searched literally for "jira internet explorer 10" and got no results.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

Mmm. "internet explorer 10" returns results, but "jira internet explorer 10" does not. Answers should be improved.

Suggest an answer