• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Common Components Report in Jira Service Desk?

I am trying to find how to report on the most common Components used in our Jira Service Desk deployment by our Service Desk agents. I can't seem to find anything to do this in the built-in reporting capability and can't find what links components to Jira Issues in the database other than having a Project in common.

Anyone know what the JQL query would look like that would spit out a list of, say the top 10 most common Components? I'd like to be able to pull this data from the database too as we are doing some external data analytics on our Jira Service Desk data and the database is all over the place with table relationships.

1 answer

0 votes
Derek Fields Community Leader Nov 30, 2020

You can see the top components on a Dashboard by using the Issue Statistics gadget. That is the easiest way. 

The SQL to get this from the database is

SELECT b.cname, count(a.component)
FROM jiraissue a
JOIN component b ON a.component = b.id
GROUP BY b.cname;

This will provide the same information as the Issue Statistics gadget. In this case, it does it for all projects. You can restrict it to a single project using the pkey field in the jiraissue table.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you