Committed vs Completed by assignee

Scott Federman January 20, 2020

Is there any way to create a chart on a dashboard that can show committed vs completed by assignee by sprint?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Hello Scott,

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you would like to display a count of issues that were created x solved by the same user, separating it by Sprint by Sprint. Is that correct? 

I must confess that I'm not sure if I completely understood your request, but I believe the chart that will get you close to what you are needing would be the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget.

Using that gadget, you can configure the following scenario:

1 - Navigate to your issue navigator > Create a filter for each Sprint you have

2 - For each filter, create two gadgets of type Two Dimensional Filter Statistics:

The first one will display the Resolved issues grouped by Assignee (Resolution and Assignee):

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 18.41.39.png

The second one will display the unresolved issues grouped by creators (Resolution and Creators):

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 18.42.02.png

Let us know if this information helps or you still have any questions.

Scott Federman January 21, 2020

No worries and thank you. What im looking for are story points. At the start of each sprint an assignee will have committed to x number of story points. I want to be able to compare what they committed to at the start of the sprint to how many points they actually complete. 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

Hello Scott,

Thank you for clarifying.

I believe Jira does not have a report that would provide the story points committed x Completed for each Sprint grouped by the assignee of the issue.

That being said, we understand this would be a useful report and created the following feature request to allow users to use Story points instead of Issue count in the Two dimensional Filter Statistics:

Make it possible to summarize Story Points, and other custom fields, in Two Dimensional Gadget or other statistics view 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a workaround, you can achieve this functionality by using a third-party plugin like:

sum-Up for Jira 

Status & Progress Report Gadget for Jira 

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 12.16.44.png

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer