Comment with JETI

Jérôme Brandt November 7, 2013

Hi,

I'am using Jira 6.1.2 and JETI (Jira Email This Issue) 5.3.1.8.

Before the update, when I use this plugin to send the issue, a comment was created with

"This issue was sent to ..... " but now, I only have the response in the comment. So when we read the issue, we don't know if an email was sent or not...

Sorry for my poor English...

Thanks,

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 8, 2013

Hi,

You can have both in JETI. Please open your Contexts and enable Email Details in Comments.

This setting will make sure the comments will be "This issue has jsut been emailed..."

Tibor

1 vote
Nancy Blackwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2013

The update has put a new tab next to the comments tab labeled "email". All your outgoing email from JETI is posting there now.

0 votes
Enzo Lüthi January 4, 2016

No, I'm talking about the comments which gets added by a email Response (Customer answers from an emailadress to JIRA and this Content is then visible in the comment tab and also email tab, what's not correct for us.

When I'm sending an email, out of the ticket to a customer, this Content won't be added to the coment tab, only in the email tab, what's correct.

Where can I configure that Emailresponses aren't visible in the comment tab permantently?JIRA_CommentEmailTheSameContent.jpg

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 4, 2016

ok, I understand now. Unfortunately, it is not possible to switch off comments but keep email logs.

Like Andrey Polyantsev likes this
0 votes
Enzo Lüthi December 29, 2015

Hello

and what about vice versa? Wie would like to get the responses only in the email tab. We use the comment tab for internal communication.

Is there a way?

Thank you

Enzo

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
January 4, 2016

Hi Enzo, comments are not always added when an email is sent using JETI. Comments are created If you explicitly want them by setting a comment visibility option. If you need further help, please let me know. Tibor

0 votes
Jérôme Brandt November 11, 2013

Thanks Tigor!!! PERFECT :)

0 votes
Jérôme Brandt November 7, 2013

Thanks Nancy,

Yes, I see this. But no way to have both settings ? (In tab and in comment) ?

Tks,

Nancy Blackwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2013

I don't believe so, one of our projects is disturbed by this as well. You can always send a question to the vendor. They have been very responsive to questions in the past.

Suggest an answer