This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Automating your service desk
I've recently installed the trial of service desk on jira on our server however I can't seem to get the transitions to work to take the ticket from "waiting on customer" to "waiting on support" . The comment comes in and updates the ticket but the status doesn't change. When I go into the ticket and click on "respond to support" , knowing that a ticket update has come in, it instantly changes to "respond to customer" before I've typed anything so it obviously realises it's in the wrong state but the automation just doesn't change anything. This is via email response and without the user being a portal user. I. E it's an open system and ive just created a test user by emailing in a ticket, responding to it via the service desk, getting the response as a user and responding back again as the email user.
I'm just testing at the moment .Any suggestions?
Did you setup the automation rule?
Step by step:
transition on comment.png
Thanks for the message. Yes Its this automation rule I'm having problems with. I'll try to summarise what Ive done but Ive tried so many things over the last 4 days to get it to work, I am wondering if starting again might be a better job
Ive activated the ability to have an open system and Ive set this support desk as open. Ive set up the mailbox and confirmed receipt of the "anonymous" test message. Ive then set up the automation by activating the "transition rule" but leaving everything else as is. The rule is running under the admin user.
When I sent a ticket in from a hotmail account (i.e. not the account im logged in with as an agent), it got created in JIRA and was set to be "respond to customer"/"awaiting support" mode which was all correct. I then click on "respond to customer" button, provide a dummy comment and hit the button to send to customer and it successfully sets the status to "waiting for customer". I then go to my hotmail account and i see the ticket has been responded to so i hit reply and respond back.
First time I did this, nothing happened and then I set the permission for "Add Comments" to "Responder" and that allowed the comment to be created (the normal permissions appear to allow comments from the portal but not via email or as a servicedesk user). Ive noted that many times, the response from the 'customer' is flagged as "INTERNAL" which confused me, but anyway, the comment comes in now, however the status doesnt change. When I change the automation so it literally says "If a comment is created then set the status to "awaiting support" it does work so I know the automations are running but for some reason its not seeing this as a customer comment to do the "if / else" code
Should I have had to add the permission for "Responder" to add comments?, - as that seems like it should be something that would be automatic if the emailing customer has the ability to create the ticket by email
Thanks for any advice. I am seriously considering hitting delete on this project and starting from scratch but everything is set up and working except this one thing.
Thanks for that. I'll try starting again and if I have problems, I might take you up on your kind offer. Can I ask before I do start again, in your experience, should I have to be adding Reporter to permissions to allow Comments to be added to an existing ticket owned by that person? And from your experience is it okay for the transition to run as the project lead/administrator rather than the user the ticket is being updated by. Im wondering if its these permission changes that might be causing some problems, but if youve had to flag a Reporter permission to get it to work then at least I'll know Im on the right road,
Many thanks for your time.
Thanks very much for your guidance. I think Ive figured it out! After having created a new support desk project and still getting the same problem I would have torn my hair out if I had any. But after returning back to it tonight (its 22.30 here now) I think Ive tracked it down.
Im just doing final tests but it seems that in my "learning" phase I created a pop3 pickup from within JIRA itself and then subsequently in the support desk and I think this is why i needed to get permissions sorted because i think it was JIRA that was picking the messages up. I found these settings earlier, removed them and now the tests Ive run seem to be working without me having to set permissions. My SLA seems to have stopped but I can fix that over time. I'll probably have this nailed down by the end of tonight and will confirm, if nothing else in case it helps others in similar circumstances
From what I can see, everything seems to be working now. I'll flag your answer as an accepted one because it is the correct way/place to do it, even though it was me that was doing the wrong thing by also having JIRA email set up to the same pickup place. many thanks for your help. Nice to know there are people like you to guide us newbies around things!
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG