Comment is duplicated in Customer Notification emails Edited

1. Customer creates a new issue.

2. Agent opens Edit screen to edit the issue and adds a comment in the process. [Edit: This ONLY happens when the comment is added via the Edit Issue screen. If comment is added in the comment box on the View Issue screen, the email contains the comment only once.]

3. Customer receives the typical email for the Public Comment Added, but the comment within the email is shown twice, like so:

double-comment.PNG

I'm totally at a loss for why this is happening, and how to resolve it.

Here's the configuration for the notification (haven't changed from default):

comment-added-config.PNG

I tried changing the Timeout as described here. I tried increasing it to 20000, 40000, and 60000. The problem persisted.

I checked atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log and there were no errors being reported.

There are no Automation rules configured that add comments or send emails about added comments.

This is a customer notification, so I don't think it would be an issue with my Notification scheme.

The workflow transition during/after which this email is sent has no additional post functions. Only the three that come by default:

create-f.PNG

Does anybody know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Evan

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Same issue, only from the Edit Issue Screen, and I've disabled all f the notifications except Open Issue, Public Response, and Resolved Issue. Same with Workflow, Automation, all that.

The same issue happens here, on a Jira Cloud instance. Very annoying.

I have the same issue on Cloud. Would be great if anyone has a fix. I have a Comment Field validator to require Agents to comment before transitioning the item, and have the Public Comment notification turned on so my customers don't miss comments outside the workflow.

This is a bug that is now fixed in JIRA server (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4968).

Jira cloud users are experiencing this and a fix for this bug is currently in progress (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5764).

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

63 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you