It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Combine Release Notes from Multiple Projects

nhyland Mar 27, 2015

I have multiple projects that need to be on same release dates. eg: Web Release and a backend in-house software release to accommodate the same features for our sales reps to handle. These are different projects in JIRA and have a board that they share (along with 3-4 other projects). 

When I Release these, they have the same release name and notes. However, the release notes are split amongst each project. I have to go from project to project to gather the notes. This time it was just two but more commonly, it will be up to 6 projects.

Any way to remedy this?

2 answers

1 vote
Clarissa Gauterio Atlassian Team Apr 06, 2015

Hi there,

I'm afraid that's not possible just yet. I took the liberty of creating a Suggestion on your behalf at: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-42776

Please add yourself as a watcher to be notified of future updates.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Muhammad Irfan Sep 19, 2018

i am also facing same problem

Like jihene chaabani likes this
1 vote
Ferenc Kiss [Midori] Jun 09, 2015

You could generate the aggregated Release Notes with one click using the PDF View Plugin.

Execute a JQL like "project=FIRST or project=SECOND ... or project=SIXTH" to gather the issues to be included in the exported document, then export the result with the release-notes-fo.vm PDF template. You can freely customize the template to your needs. 

The end-result could be like this (PDF sample):

jira-sprint-release-notes.png

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Introducing subtasks for breaking down work in next-gen projects

Teams break work down in order to help simplify complex tasks. This is often done iteratively, with tasks being broken down into smaller tasks and so on until the work is accurately captured in well-...

12,545 views 61 59
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you