Collaborators can not create their own issues

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing project permissions

Hi,

we are using JIRA Service Desk (Server 3.1.9) and JIRA Software (Server 7.1.9).

Our users are synchronized via a User Server, so they exist in both applications.

All our users are shown also in the "Customers" view of the Service Desk Project.

Some of the users are jira-servicedesk-users (Agents), some of them are "only" jira-software-users (Collaborators + Customers). Our jjira-software-users next to their collaborator status for all Service Desk Issues shall also able to file their own tickets in the same project.

My issue:

I am currently struggling with the fact, that my collaborators can not behave like a "normal" customer, meaning:

• they can log in to the customer portal but they are shown a message "It looks like you don't have access to this Help Center. If possible, please try contacting us another way."
  • they can not create their own issue

I´ve checked so far:

• the collaborators are listed as "Service Desk Customers" in the project -> users & roles tab
  • the collaborators have both the permission to "Browse Projects" and "Create Issues" in this Service Desk Project

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Isabel

3 answers

Update:

I found this article (http://blogs.atlassian.com/2014/12/collaborate-developers-using-jira-service-desk/) but actually it does not help. It seems to be based on an older version of Service Desk, because the People Tab is not there anymore - there is only a Customer menue item.

Update 2:

it looks like it is an issue, wether someone is jira-administrator or not.

if a user is not in this role, they can use the customer portal and raise tickets, even if they are in the collaborator group

once someone is also jira-administrator, they get an error message (shown above) and can not raise issues in service desk customer portal.

strange, actually. looks like a bug, not a deliberate decision to me.

0 vote

Collaborators on v 3.* are members of Service Desk Team Role and should be able to create tickets as normal customers.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/customizing-jira-service-desk-permissions-802592459.html

Please, verify your permission scheme according the documentation.

If you still see an issue, please create a ticket to contact a support team.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

40 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you