Cloud Migration

prathima.kotian February 5, 2020

In Atlassian site, its mentioned that, Server and Data Center customers who are moving to a 1,001+ user Cloud license are eligible for a loyalty discount when migrating Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Jira Core, and/or Confluence.

Is this discount applicable for products hosted in Atlassian premises or onsite premises.

can Atlassian products be hosted on onsite premises or only in Atlassian premises.

Sorry I am new to SAM and licensing, so you may feel this a silly question, but I am totally confused. 

It would be great if you could help me with document or link to understand Atlassian licensing and ways to save costs.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2020

Hi @prathima.kotian

Discounts are available for moving from on-prem to Cloud - so you'd move from Server (which you host) to Cloud (which is SaaS, hosted by Atlassian).

The discount doesn't stop you from having access to your Server / Data Center version, but it does end your server maintenance period, moving it to "not renew" as you would now be using Jira Software Cloud.

A few good pages to check out on this are:

Not sure if I answered your question above though, so let us know if that's not quite what you meant!

Ste

abdelouahed mizouar June 4, 2020

Yes

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

Thank for the info :) 

0 votes
abdelouahed mizouar June 4, 2020

Great 

Suggest an answer