Cloning error

Haseeb Khan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2024

I'm trying to set up a rule that clones an issue into another project when an issue is created based on a few labels and priority level. When I test it, I get an error : 

Can not create issue in project/issue type
10085/10009 
Any help here would be appreciated

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

Hello @Haseeb Khan 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Did you create the rule by copying another existing rule?

Is either the source project or the destination project a Team Managed project? You can get that information from the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.

Can you please provide screen images showing your full automation rule and the details of each step in the rule?

The error message could be caused by a number of factors. One possible explanation is that the specified issue type to be created doesn't exist in the destination project. This tends to happen with Team Managed projects because each project's configuration is unique to that project. You have to make sure to pick the destination project, and then pick the destination issue type, in the Clone step to ensure the correct underlying issue type id is selected in the rule.

Haseeb Khan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2024

You were right, it was a bug in one project and the destination project did not have that type. So I tested it again and the issue did get cloned!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

Great!

If my response helped you solve your issue, please consider clicking on the Answer Accepted button to mark your question as Solved.

That helps others searching the forum find the posts that have validated solutions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events