Clone ticket from JSM to jira service

Edgar Pusklevic December 14, 2022

Hi all !
I have Jira service management linket to Jira server , it is possible do automation like this: when ticket is created in jira service manager , clone this ticket to jira service to specific project ?

2 answers

0 votes
Edgar Pusklevic December 21, 2022

Any ideas how do automation from Jira service management to Jira software ?

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

Hi @Edgar Pusklevic 

Go to Project settings -> Automation page and create new rule to create issue and link to existing one.

Sample:

autoo.png

Hi Tansu , but I want create new ticket with same information but in Jira Software.
I'm creating a new task in Jira service menagement and then automation must clone all info but in Jira Software :)

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

Automation will work. Just choose the destination (Jira Software) project and copy desired fields in this section. 

Ekran Resmi 2022-12-14 16.36.23.png

ps: You can also use Clone issue action.

I click on Project - I can see only projects from Jira service management , I'm unable to see project from Jira Software that is the issue :)

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2022

Can you see and create issue in that software project?

yes , in both apps I'm an admin. so the thing is that I need link whole project , now when I'm linkink just ticket , I see him in Service management , but not all tasks what are in that project.

Edgar Pusklevic December 21, 2022

I see only project what is in Jira service management , don't see project in Jira software Automation.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events