Clone a project AND clone all schemes with it

Jairo Cabello July 2, 2019

Hello! 

Situation:
We have Team A and team B working on projectA and projectB. Both of these projects happen to share the same workflows, issue type, and screen schemes.

Now, team B really needs to make some hardcore modifications to workflows, issue types, and screens. Because the configuration is shared, I as an admin need to manually clone every single Workflow and scheme manually which is a huge pain you know where. 

The question is:
Is there any way to clone a project, and clone every single item on it so the new project as not a single shared item? (Every workflow should be individually clone, every scheme should be clone, and so on, except issue types)

I bet I'm going to have some fun groovy-scripting but though it is worth to ask :)

Best,
Jairo

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2019

Hi @Jairo Cabello

I did a quick search on the Marketplace and found this free app, Standalone Project Template for Jira, based on the description it clones the schemes too.

Jairo Cabello July 3, 2019

Hey @Mikael Sandberg ,

it looked promising but after installing it the only thing it does is just create a blank project with independent schemes. It doesn't allow you to copy anything, unfortunately.

Many thanks though

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2019

Okay, good to know.

So if I understand it correctly you want to clone both the issues and the project configuration. Maybe this app would work, Jira Copy Project Plugin, if you need to keep clones of Team B's issues in both projects. I would possibly approach it differently by creating a new project for Team B using the template app, and then do a bulk move of all issues belonging to Team B over, but it all depends on your requirements.

Suggest an answer