It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Client cannot log into Jira using VPN

Hi,

I have a client from a different company who uses our Jira. She is currently using a VPN and cannot access Jira. No error message is thrown, only a forever spinning load at the login page.

This happens through wifi and 4g, and on 3 different browsers.

None of the other colleagues can use this particular VPN so the issue cannot be reproduced easily.

Since we use AAD, the client doesn't need to use another VPN to connect to our Jira, so there's no chance of double VPN clashes and such.

Let me know if you have any ideas (short of not using the VPN since that's required for her to access other resources)

Thanks in advance,
Georgi

2 answers

1 vote
Thomas Deiler Community Leader Feb 11, 2019

Dear @George Kanchev,

I need more details to understand your problem:

• Does they log in over a jump host?
  • Can the VPN users access your companies DNS?
  • Are there Firewalls installed blocking traffic?
  • What's your network topology?
  • On which port listens Jira?

To answer you other question. Jira works with VPNs - this has nothing to do with Jira. It always depends on the network configuration.

So long

Thomas

0 votes

I'm having the same trouble. Saying it has nothing to do with JIRA is not a helpful answer.

You're right, it's not helpful.  It can't be.

If Jira is working without a vpn, but fails when you are on a vpn, then the problem is with the vpn, not Jira.

We can't help without more information on the source of the problem (the vpn, not Jira), and even if we did, we're Atlassian geeks, not vpn geeks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

308 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you