Client access to scrum board (View and Comment Only Permission)

Dean van Rooyen May 7, 2017

I am trying to configure my JIRA instance for the following scenario: We run a project for a client who loves having an overview of project progress and status etc. I have created a view in confluence where the client can see the project, which sprint and release issues will be a part of etc. I have used the JIRA issue macro to pull issues into a page in confluence.

To be able to view this page in confluence and within JIRA, i have created a group for this client and within my permission section, only allowed "Browse Projects" permission.

For some reason the client can move items on my JIRA board and a little more than what it states in the "Browse Projects" permission description. What is the best way to approach this?

I want the client to be able to view the project board and comment on the issues if requirements are needed as well as see the confluence page without editing etc. I have created a profile for the client on our JIRA in order to see the projects.

If i could just have a confluence page for the client to track progress, that would be great. But they need "Browse Project" permission in order to see the list of issues for the project. Is there a way to get around this at all?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2017

Hello Dean,

That's strange as "Browse permission" only allows for the viewing of issues, can you share the screenshot of "Transition issue" permission. As it seems the group has transition issue permission or it could be that the group is mapped to an role which has been granted "Transition issue" permission.

Dean van Rooyen May 8, 2017

Ah i saw the transition permission now. thank you!

From here, can I configure that the client only see items assigned to their company? Will build a filter which restricts them if this is the correct way of doing it.

Suggest an answer