Child issues not showing in parent's detail view

p0cket0m January 25, 2021

I have created a hierarchy with 2 levels above epic, we want to use them both in normal issue view and in advanced roadmaps.

2021-01-25 20_01_07-Hierarchy Levels - Advanced Roadmaps - Jira.png

For Epics and Initiatives, I added the "Parent Link" field to both the screens. When it is to set the parent link, everything looks fine. For Epics one can choose an Initiative and for the Initiative a list of Themes shows up. So the parent can be set correctly.

In the Initiative, the "Child issues" are shown correctly and on the right side, "Theme Test" is set for the parent link.

2021-01-25 19_52_28-[ITR-13] Initiative Test - Jira.png

In the related theme however, no child issues show up, where you would expect the initiatives now...

2021-01-25 19_54_42-[ITR-12] Theme Test - Jira.png

I have no idea why it is working for epics below initiatives, but not for initiatves below themes?

5 answers

2 votes
p0cket0m March 4, 2021

I need to ask again, has anybody a solution for this? Is it a bug or did I forget to configure something?

I wonder why it works for Epics below Initiatives, but not for Initiatives under Themes?

1 vote
saral July 5, 2023

Did anyone ever discover a fix for this? We have a similar issue where we created one level above Initiatives and Initiatives look great and show all child epics, however the level above Initiatives do not show any of their child initiatives. 

0 votes
Lara Crenshaw
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 18, 2023

Same issue here. Doesn't seem to matter if you associate the Initiative with an epic in Jira Software using the Parent Link or if you do it in a Plan and then commit the change from there. Has anybody found a fix? 

0 votes
p0cket0m May 4, 2021

Still need help on this.

Has anybody managed to configure Themes and Initiatives properly? 

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2021

Hi @p0cket0m 

Have you committed your changes from Advanced Roadmaps to Jira?

Ravi

p0cket0m January 26, 2021

How do you mean commited? In roadmaps everything seems ok, initiatives are shown correctly as child items below themes.

2021-01-26 14_43_11-IT Roadmap - Advanced Roadmaps - Jira.png

What we need is to show them also correctly in standard Jira (new) issue view. With epics below initiatives, it works even if we don't use advanced roadmaps at all.

p0cket0m March 4, 2021

Commiting in Roadmaps has no effect on the issue. It occurs also when you work in Jira Software only.

Wiser
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 27, 2021

Hi @p0cket0m, did you find a fix?

I have the same problem. My hierarchy doesn't have Themes but my Child Epics don't show in the Initiative. I'm also waiting on an answer.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/No-Child-Issues-in-Parent-Initiative/qaq-p/1817866#M503108

p0cket0m October 28, 2021

No. Still not working.

Dick Olsson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 9, 2021

I've got the same issue. Epics are not showing up as "Child issues" under Features. However, everything appears in the correct hierarchy on Advanced Roadmaps.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events