Checking whether a version in listed in a Version Picker (multiple versions) field

Ori Gabai June 24, 2021

Hello

I currently have a Version Picker (multiple versions) field to which we add all the versions in which a bug appears. Let's call it BuggyVersions. I want to create a filter that finds all the issues in which a certain version is included in BuggyVersions, but can't seem to find a syntax that allows it.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 vote
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

Hi @Ori Gabai ,

I'm not certain if your version is called "BuggyVersions" or you have a custom field called "BuggyVersions".  Either way do either of these JQL query formats get you the result you're after?

• fixVersion in (BuggyVersions)
  • fixVersion in (BuggyVersions, "Version 1.0")

Hope this helps!

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2021

Hi @Ori Gabai 

Agreeing with what Rachel suggests, and...

There is already a built-in field for that purpose: affectedVersion.  I believe that is for the list of versions impacted by a defect (bug).

Best regards,

Bill

Ori Gabai June 27, 2021

@Bill Sheboy

Despite there being an existing affectedVersion field, due to a bit of a wonky situation we have several teams with different processes working on the same Jira server, which is why we created our own doppelganger fields.

@Rachel Wright 

BuggyVersions is a field. Specifically, a multi-picker version field. Basically a doppelganger of affectedVersion, as described above.

My problem is that what I want to compare to it is not a field or function output like fixVersion, but rather a string representing a certain version. And for the following JQL:

• "v1.2.3" in (BuggyVersions)

Jira thinks that "v1.2.3" is a field name rather than just text, and gives me a "Field 'v1.2.3' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it." message.

Kindest Regards, 

Ori

Ori Gabai June 27, 2021

And I have just now realized that the way to do what I want is to do:

• BuggyVersions = "v1.2.3"

Thank you both for your time.

Kindest Regards, 

Ori

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD