Checking assignee access using kanban board sub filter - how to do this?

Johnathan Garrett-Sinclair January 30, 2020

I am no Jira expert and have only recently started using it but my boss has asked me to check that all team members who need access to their teams kanban are included in the Kanban Sub filter field under general settings. 

I dont know how to check or edit this field - can someone please help?

2 answers

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2020

Hello @Johnathan Garrett-Sinclair ,

The access of kanban borad are usually controlled by the project permission scheme and the filter sharing.

You can share filters you've created with other users via user groups, projects, and project roles. You can also share them globally. Any filter that is shared is visible to users who have the Administer Jira global permission. See Managing other users' shared filters below.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/save-your-search-as-a-filter/#editing_filters

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-project-permissions-776636362.html

1.jpg2.jpg

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2020

Hi @Johnathan Garrett-Sinclair , it seems the goal is to ensure the right folks have access to the board. You wouldn’t use the sub-filter for this. Rather, you would share the board by group or similar. To do so, go to Board settings (ellipses in upper right) and select General and click Edit filter shares (see image below). Now if you want an easy solution and you don’t want to prevent anyone from seeing the board just choose Any logged in user. If you wish to restrict access you can either select Project, if all necessary users are in the project, or Group in which case you will need to create a group with the proper members.

A5544F24-9E4F-4E86-B662-82A1B78EAFB0.jpeg

Suggest an answer