Check new features

Raúl Cuevas González July 27, 2015

Hello, 

I have a JIRA instance running in my server. This instance has 2 projects inside (QR and TEST), but both shares basically everything: fields, schemes, permissions... Each time that I have to update something, I check in TEST project, but a lot of my changes apply also to QR project during my checks, and I don't want it, obviously.

So, the question is simple: can I have installed in my computer a JIRA instance and recover a backup of the "real in the field" JIRA instance, in order to check in my computer if the changes are good? What will happen when the period of the test license finishes? 

I'm sure you are hallucinating with this question, but in my defense I can say that I was not the administrator of JIRA, until now, and I'm learning now how to deal with it. The good part is that I'm sure the most of you will know the best way to proceed in this case, because the most of you have reached and passed my phase long long ago.

Thanks for your help. 

1 answer

0 votes
David Di Blasio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2015

Hi Raul,
Having a paid for license should entitle you to generate a development license in your my.atlassian.com account. This can be used to test deployments. More information on setting up a staging environment can be found in the following article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Establishing+Staging+Server+Environments+for+JIRA

Cheers!

David Di Blasio | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer