Changing groups of shared filters created by other users

Tayyab Bashir Community Champion May 12, 2017

Hi,

When people create filters, they can also share them with other people or groups. 
In share permissions, there is a permission to add a group, and gets allowed to see the shared filter.

I want to change that group and replace it some other group. 

For example, someone has a filter "somone's filter" and its shared with group ABC, I want to change that and replace ABC with XYZ, so that the filter "somone's filter" get shared with XYZ instead.

I am a JIRA admin, and we have to replace a old group with another new group. I do know that natively you can't do this. 

So in order to preserve the working of shared filters, we have to replace it. 
I'm looking for a way to do that in Database? Or through rest calls? 

Regards,
Tayyab

1 answer

0 vote

As an admin, you can change the ownership of shared filters and then update the shares yourself.

I think it is also possible to update them via the JIRA REST API using a combination of:

There's an argument here for always making sure filter pemissions are project/role based, so that it is easier to change the associated groups.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,304 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot