Changing default activity tab

Keri Phillips June 24, 2021

I know there is a way people have been able to change the default activity tab in an issue by changing a .xml file. However, I have no idea where to find that file to be able to edit it. These are the directions I have been able to find, but cannot find the file I am supposed to be editing. Any help is appreciated.

1. Edit the file jira-install\WEB-INF\classes\system-issuetabpanels-plugin.xml.
  2. Each tab is controled by a <issue-tabpanel> tag. To change the default selection, the <default>true</default> needs to be placed in the required <issue-tabpanel> tag.

2 answers

0 votes
Marc T. August 20, 2021

Is there any support for altering this default for cloud users?

Marc T. August 20, 2021

Specifically, a per-user preference.

Some users want "All" as the default, instead of "Comments"

Like MatsB likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

Are you on-prem? Those instructions are only valid for on-prem or server solutions. Not available in the cloud.

Keri Phillips June 24, 2021

I do not believe we are using cloud. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

Ok. This can be confirmed by the URL. If it looks like this - https://ur company.atlassian.net

the Key here is “atlassian.net” - then you are on cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events