Change the language of Jira Service Desk

Mosh January 23, 2018

I have on-prem JIRA Service Desk (Server) and I want to change the language of interface to one of the languages that are not provided by Atlassian. 

Is that possible? If so do you know some guidelines or someone who can apply that?

If possible - what skills are necessary to do so? knowledge of HTML + CSS  + JS ?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

You can donwload a translation from https://translations.atlassian.com/ and upload it on the manage add-ons page in Jira.

This language packs can be translated from that same website. You can also translate on-th-fly with this add-on

Read more about it

Mosh January 23, 2018

Thank you!

Are you sure this add-on supports Service Desk? I see it mentions "Jira Server " only

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

hmm apparently the add-on is not compatible with more recent versions of Jira anymore...

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

Hi! Why if I change language to fields by jira dont changes?

0 votes
Katarzyna Pawlak March 1, 2018

Hi @Mosh,

I'm from InTENSO. We are developing an app which can probably solve your problem - Translation for JSD. It's only about simple configuration. Check it out our documentation!

Please get a 30-day trial from Marketplace. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask our support team :)

Best regards,

Katarzyna

Suggest an answer