Change status automatically

Ives Ziegler June 20, 2022

Hi,

I would like to have the status changed automatically via the date, is that possible? or does anyone have an idea?

I have the following table extract - it is about the fact that with a table filter only the "Current week" and "Next week" are filtered out, i.e. the table is very long, but you only see the two rows. Now I want to automatically change the status on Monday because a new week has started. "Current week" then becomes "Past week" and "Coming week" then becomes "Current week".

StatusDate from

Date to 

Past Weekend

06 Jun 2022 

12 Jun 2022 

Past Weekend

13 Jun 2022 

19 Jun 2022 

Current Week

20 Jun 2022 

26 Jun 2022 

Next Week

27 Jun 2022 

03 Jul 2022 

Coming Week

04 Jul 2022 

10 Jul 2022 

Best Regards,
Ives

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2022

Hi @Ives Ziegler ,

As you use the Table Filter macro, I can suggest filtering not by statuses, but by dates.

You may use such flexible date range filters as "today", "1w", "-1w", etc. to show rows with dates compared to the current date. 

Can I take a date from today - 1week? would that work? then it would happen automatically and I wouldn't have to update the filter every week

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2022

Yes, it should work: today <-> 1w selects the future week from today, -1w <-> today selects the previous week.

But don't forget to go to the Table Filter macro settings (the Filtration tab) and set the corresponding date format: for 06 Jun 2022 it will be d M yy.

Like Ives Ziegler likes this

I have set "dd M yy" under the heading "Filtration".
Then under filters' default values I wanted to enter the "today" - how does this have to be entered? there is the same effect with users with @currentuser.........?

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2022

Just set the date range filter on the required column with dates and type in the values manually:

Mon 6-1.png

The date picker will appear and you'll see that the text values were recognized (don't choose the date from the date picker though, just leave the text value).

Like Ives Ziegler likes this
0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

Hi @Ives Ziegler 

Welcome to the community! 

Rather than using  Jira Issue status, a better way would be use labels and use Automation for Jira to change the labels based on schedules . You can run the Automation at the start of week to change the affected labels

Cheers

Ajay

thank you - with such a solution, I would have to have tickets created!? and then automate them again so that the status is updated. 

Suggest an answer