Change default page for project?

Currently when my users sign in and click on the project, they are presented with no obvious way to view the Kanban board I have set up for the project. I would like that board to be the main page of the project, how can I do this?

4 answers

To be clear, I want the full main Kanban board as the default page when a user signs in, or at least a link tot he full Kanban board. I was able to get the kanban board displayed on the main page as a gadget, but it is missing many features such as quick filters, or a link to the full view of this board.

0 votes

I don't know if there's a global setting that you can set - but each user can set Agile to be their default page. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Changing+your+JIRA+Home+Page

0 votes
Renjith Pillai Community Champion Jun 01, 2013

If you are on OnDemand, looks like there is not way to achieve this. I am guessing you are talking about the Project Summary page. On installed variants, you may overrride the default page with plugin which can automatically redirect to an existing Kanban board.

I know that this question is a few years old, but one user of ours would also prefer to go to the Kanban board when clicking the Project links instead of going to issues or whatever else. I've checked in the Profile Preferences and don't see an option in there, so I'm wondering if this is something that again will require an unofficial modification using Greasemonkey.

Hi. Did you find a way to realize this? I am also looking for a way to jump direct to the project's board.

Hi Michaela, I haven't found a way to do it yet, but I think everyone on our team has gotten used to just selecting Boards first rather than Project.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,096 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot