Change default assignee for each project

Can you change the default assignee for each project? I don't want to change the Project Lead.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

Do you need a default assignee?

There is a general Jira setting to allow unassigned issues. If you turn that on and update your project's configuration, then issues will remain unassigned until someone assigns it to a user.

I would like to have a default assignee per project. We have one main developer for each project and want that developer to be assigned all issues that are created.

Then perhaps you could define a component in the project. With components, you can make the main developer the component lead, and then make the component lead the default assignee.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Component

0 vote
Andrei [errno] Community Champion Mar 11, 2013

you could schedule Jelly Scripts to be run and re-assign issues based on your requirements

Hi Travis,

It's not possible to use Jelly Scripts in OnDemand, but you could add a post transition action to your workflow transition (the transition to Open, which you can access by clicking on the Open step and then the transition in the upper right on the edit workflow screen) which sets the assignee. You should make sure you have a unique workflow on that project, however, so you don't do this for every issue in your system.

Thanks,

-dave

So I would have to create a WF for every project? That sounds silly.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

123 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you