Change JIRA System Email Address

I need to adjust the JIRA account email address, not for an individual user, but for the system email that receives all email notifications from JIRA (new releases, updates, announcements, etc). Currently we are not receiving these.

Any help?

1 answer

You bet - go into system (Use the Cog wheel on the top menu and select system from the administration menu).  Once that page loads, scroll down on the left menu to mail.  Choose outgoing mail option.

From there you'll be able to configure mail settings for the jira system.

You can also send test mails from there to see how jira is handling the mail for diagnostics.

Thanks for the prompt response! That screen for me is blank. Is that a permissions issue? outgoing-mail.PNG

Josh Steckler Community Champion Apr 19, 2017

If you can even see this part of the page it's probably not a permissions issue. This is weird, you may want to check your log files or restart JIRA.

Hmm, very odd. I'm not sure how to do either of those in JIRA Cloud. The Audit Log just looks like user activity.

You may want to escalate this to Atlassian support directly - for cloud, you may not have access to enough logs to diagnose what's occuring.

Thank you for the help!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,308 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot