Change JIRA System Email Address

Christopher Balogh April 19, 2017

I need to adjust the JIRA account email address, not for an individual user, but for the system email that receives all email notifications from JIRA (new releases, updates, announcements, etc). Currently we are not receiving these.

Any help?

1 answer

1 vote
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

You bet - go into system (Use the Cog wheel on the top menu and select system from the administration menu).  Once that page loads, scroll down on the left menu to mail.  Choose outgoing mail option.

From there you'll be able to configure mail settings for the jira system.

You can also send test mails from there to see how jira is handling the mail for diagnostics.

Thanks for the prompt response! That screen for me is blank. Is that a permissions issue? outgoing-mail.PNG

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

If you can even see this part of the page it's probably not a permissions issue. This is weird, you may want to check your log files or restart JIRA.

Hmm, very odd. I'm not sure how to do either of those in JIRA Cloud. The Audit Log just looks like user activity.

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2017

You may want to escalate this to Atlassian support directly - for cloud, you may not have access to enough logs to diagnose what's occuring.

Thank you for the help!

Suggest an answer