Categories and Sub-categories

Nathan Fletcher January 6, 2016

Hi,

I'm in the process of configuring JIRA Service Desk for the very first time and I'm unable to determine whether or not it has the facility to apply Categories and Sub-categories for requests raised.  For example, if a customer requested Office 2013 to be installed, I would like to be able to select the Category as 'Software' and then I would like to select a sub-category from a list that is driven from the category selected, in this case' Office 2013'.

I would be grateful if you could advise if this feature is available and, if not, any alternatives.

Many thanks

Nathan

1 answer

1 vote
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2016

You can create a cascading select as a type of custom field. Which you can then use on your Service Desk portal.

Nathan Fletcher January 6, 2016

Great, seems to work fine.  Thanks for your help.

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2016

Glad to be of help and able to provide the answer so quickly.

Cait Baca October 31, 2017

How do you do this exactly?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2017

As an admin, go to custom fields and add a cascading select field.  Then go to the service desk project and map the field on to the portal, like the other fields.

Suggest an answer