Cascading select field (Type & Slot) with Child 'Slot' as Multi-Select

Kiranped January 4, 2021

Cascading select field (Type & Slot). Select one option in 'Type' & Select multiple values in 'Slots' under that Type.

I have a long list of values in Slot (for ex: 25 Slots for each Type), hence it would be difficult to apply Behaviour Script. 

Any solution/workaround would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

If I understood all of the above correctly then I'm happy to share that I was able to implement something like your requirement describes in former times using Tree CF (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219011/tree-customfield?hosting=server&tab=overview).

In case you are interested you could have a closer look at it on Marketplace and probably test it on a non-production environment if it suits your needs.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

A cascading select list only has one value, you can't give it multiple ones.  The database structure doesn't support it, let alone the back-end code or UI.

There's nothing you can do with Behaviours or even Scriptrunner directly, you'd need to write an app that provides a new custom field type.

What you could try with Behaviours is two separate custom fields, a single select and a multi-select.  I think (I have not tried this) Behaviours could change the available options for selection in the multi-select based on the current selection in the single-select field.

Suggest an answer