Cascading Multi select list

Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2012

Hey

Im have to present a list op options to users, upon creating a issue.
First they have to select from list A and then List B.
The options in list B are dependent on the values chosen in list A (cascading select list)

But here is the catch:

It should be possible to Select multible values from both lists.
Both lists should be a field of its own.

Anyone know of a way of setting this up?
I tried to use SQLFeed's Combo box custom field. But this isen't multi select.

9 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2012

Instead of a cascading select list you can create a multiselect list A based on the selections of this multiselect you can display a multiselect field for each option in multiselect A (if no option selected there will be only multiselect A , if 2 options are selected then 2 multiselect B & C will appear ) displaying multiselect fields based on options can be done using javascript/ Behaviours plugin .

This is just a workaround because logically cascading select list cant be a multiselect.

2 votes
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2012

If your doing cascading select via Report

<property>
                <key>projectid</key>
                <name>report.cs.project</name>
                <description>report.cs.project.description
                </description>
                <type>select</type>
                <values class="com.atlassian.jira.portal.ProjectValuesGenerator"/>
            </property>
<property> <key>version</key> <name>report.cs.version</name> <description>report.cs.version.description </description> <type>cascadingselect</type> <cascade-from>projectid</cascade-from> <values class="sk.eea.jira.plugin.report.ProjectsVersionCascadingValuesGenerator"/> </property>

this work find while implementing single select. for multi select i will update you
1 vote
Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

Did you find any solution finally? I'm looking exactly for the same thing.

I think javascript is not a good solution especially if custom fields are placed on the creation screen.

1 vote
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2012

Hi,

You can try the project specific Select Field plugin https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/jira.plugin.projectspecificselectfield.jpssf.

if you want you can refer the source and implement basic logic as you want.

Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2012

Sorry but not anything of the things im searching for:
Not Cascading, Not multiselect.

0 votes
Cyrille Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2013

Since June 2012 nFeed is managing multi selection.

Regards

Cyrille

0 votes
Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

Did you find any solution finally? I'm looking exactly for the same thing.

I think javascript is not a good solution especially if custom fields are placed on the creation screen.

0 votes
Alice Paillard March 28, 2012

Hi Mikkel,

My name is Alice and I am in charge of SQLFeed support.

Currently it doesn't support multiselect but next version will!

It will be released on April 10th, please watch https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/SQLFEED-1 to be informed of the release.

Alice

Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2013

I would like to. But i'm not allowed to view the issue.

I'm meet with "Permission Violation"

Lucas Dussurget [Valiantys] February 26, 2013

Hi Mikkel,

Atlassian Studio is now closed. You can see the issue here: https://jira.valiantys.com/browse/SQLFEED-1

The cascading multiselect feature was release on April 10th, 2012 and is included in all versions since 4.0.2.x.

You will find more info in our documentation: https://confluence.valiantys.com/display/SQLFEED/Configuration+Guide#ConfigurationGuide-Allowmultiplevalues

If you have any issues, please create a ticket in our JIRA.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2012

You'll need to write a plugin to provide that.

Jira doesn't have any code that could support this natively, so your options would be

1. A plugin that provides a single field which can handle both lists and their interaction, with code to store and retrieve data using some of the existing data structures

2. Javascript that would effectively tie two independent multi-select lists together (admins would need to be educated on how the interaction works)

0 votes
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2012
Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2012

Have looked at this. But its not multi select. only multi level.

Suggest an answer