Card Layout: Issue Name Rather Than Issue ID?

Hello! When you go to Card Layout and add Linked Issues.. it shows the Issue's ID that is linked. I want to know is it possible to show the Summary of the Issue on the card as opposed to the ID?

I think it's more efficient for developers to see the name of the issue (summary) rather than the Issue ID?

Please advise.

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Cierra,

• Are you on Cloud or Server?

When I create a Linked issue I am able to see the Issue Summary in Cloud and Server without any changes:

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 10.50.51 AM.png

Please take a Screenshot of what you're seeing and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

I am using Server.. currently when I view my issues, as you can see the linked issue only shows the Issue ID (MFA-24) and not the summary of the ticketCapture.PNG

Hi Cierra,

What is the issue type of the linked issue (MFA-24)?  I noticed that if the linked issue is an Epic it doesn't show the Summary:

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 12.25.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-22 at 12.26.01 PM.png

Please confirm the linked issue type and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

Hello! MFA-24 is a 'User Story' issue type.

@Branden McElveen hello! Are you able to advise?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

191 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you