Card Layout: Issue Name Rather Than Issue ID?

cierralewis January 19, 2018

Hello! When you go to Card Layout and add Linked Issues.. it shows the Issue's ID that is linked. I want to know is it possible to show the Summary of the Issue on the card as opposed to the ID?

I think it's more efficient for developers to see the name of the issue (summary) rather than the Issue ID?

Please advise.

2 answers

0 votes
Micha January 15, 2019

@somethingblue

You say you see the Summary of the linked issue on an issue card's layout. But in your example I just see BOR-4m BOR-5 on BOR-1. Test 1 is the summary of BOR-1. So you still don't see the summaries of the linked issues. So it seems you don't understand the objective here, am I right @cierralewis.

Could @somethingblue or someone please still give an answer?

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Hi Cierra,

• Are you on Cloud or Server?

When I create a Linked issue I am able to see the Issue Summary in Cloud and Server without any changes:

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 10.50.51 AM.png

Please take a Screenshot of what you're seeing and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

cierralewis January 22, 2018

I am using Server.. currently when I view my issues, as you can see the linked issue only shows the Issue ID (MFA-24) and not the summary of the ticketCapture.PNG

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Hi Cierra,

What is the issue type of the linked issue (MFA-24)?  I noticed that if the linked issue is an Epic it doesn't show the Summary:

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 12.25.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-22 at 12.26.01 PM.png

Please confirm the linked issue type and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

cierralewis January 22, 2018

Hello! MFA-24 is a 'User Story' issue type.

cierralewis January 23, 2018

@somethingblue hi! Are you able to advise?

Jeno Fernando September 2, 2018

Hello I would also like to know more about this because I have the same problem/inquiry regarding showing the Issue Summary on the linked issue. I want the linked issue summary to be shown in the card layout.

Micha December 18, 2018

I have the same question! Also, it would be nice you can directly click on that linked issue. (I am on Cloud).

Suggest an answer