Cannot view project list in IDE connector (No permission to perform operation)

Ben Ben
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 6, 2011

I've connected the IDE connector to Jira and validated settings, but when I attempt to add a query i get an error:

Failed to download project list: com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemotePermissionException: No permission to perform operation.

The user has admin, developer and user permissions so I don't think it truly is a lack of permissions.

[Note, I'm using Eclipse 3.7, Jira v4.4#649-r158308 with GreenHopper 5.7, and the latest IDE connector as of today]

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2011

Hi Ben,

Can you try to download and install standalone JIRA and check Connector with the fresh install? If it works I would try to setup locally the same permission schema as you have in production and then try again. This way you can freely play with local JIRA settings and try to find the root cause.

IMO that must be a problem with permission settings. I can't think of any other reason.

Cheers,

Jacek

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2011

Hi Ben,

It may be a problem with permissions. Can you check that you have 'browse project' permission in your schema for the user and group?

Cheers,

Jacek

Ben Ben
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 10, 2011

Jacek,

Yes, the user has those permission. The Browse Project permission is granted to the Project Role (Users), and the Active Directory group that I am a member of is assigned to that role.

-Ben

Suggest an answer