Cannot show delete under the more options -

Ozzy April 4, 2018

Hello,

When i tried to delete issues on project, there was not delete option under "more". I checked the project permission scheme and also global permission. Everything is looking correct. Where do i need to check ? Does anyone got idea ?

my jira version 6.4.14 and i dont have any addons

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2018

That is controlled by only two things:

1.  The Delete row in the project permissions (Remember, it does not matter if you are an admin, just whether you match the rule for allowing delete)

2.  Properties on the workflow status can block the permission if used.

Ozzy April 4, 2018

Hi Nic,

1. I added myself to the delete row in project permissions. Still cannot available.

2. I checked the workflow, there is nothing inside it too.

I tried to use bulk change options but as you see at below. I don't have permission to delete issues

btw, i checked the addon again. there are active a few addon. ( "jira agile - Jira toolkit plugin - zephyr for jira")

I guess the zephyr cause it. Do you have any idea ?

test.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2018

Add-ons like that won't block this. 

Please go back to an issue you can't delete and try the permission helper, that should tell you where it is wrong.

Ozzy April 4, 2018

Permission helper result below, 

I got permission, 

Capture.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2018

Ok, can you show us what the options menu looks like on one of these issues?

Ozzy April 5, 2018

I am sending the more option and also bulk change. As you see there is no delete under more option but i can delete the issue at bulk change. It is interesting.  I did not change anything.  Why delete is not visible under more ? Do you have any idea? 

moreoption.JPG

bulkchange.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2018

The only way I can think of doing that by using accounts with different privileges, or hacks that edit your menu.

Ozzy April 5, 2018

My account has already added in jira-administrator group. How it that possible ? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2018

That does not do anything with project permissions unless your permission scheme explicitly says it will.

Ozzy April 5, 2018

Which file or parameter do i need to check to visibility of delete option ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2018

I have no idea, it depends on what you've customised and how.

Suggest an answer