Cannot share filters at all

Can't share filters because there are no controls to share them!Capture.PNG

There's nothing to the right of Shares and Add Shares. This is a dev instance of JIRA. Our production instance, configured similarly, works fine:

Capture2.PNG

What's going on?

7 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Guys, I had the same issue and found the solution - AdBlock! Its share-blocking functionality seems to be a bit too agressive. Turn it off for the Jira site and all should be OK! :)

It helped, thank you!

This worked, thank you!

This worked for me as well! thank you!

sys team I'm New Here Jul 26, 2018

turning off adblock helped here too

I would say you are lacking the global permission to create shared objects.  Check admin -> global permissions

Considering I was running as admin at the time, I think not. Besides this worked before. I'm not sure what you want me to check under global permissions but I see that Create Shared Objects is granted to jira-users and Manage Group Filter Subscriptions to jira-developers of which I am a member of both. Regardless however, is there ever a time where you should show headings such as Shares and Add Shares in the attached images and NOT display anything to the right of them?!?

Hi Andrew,

I have a similar usage of sharing issues and specifally filter lists - to keep customers (non users of JIRA system) up to date. Maybe this free plugin would be a nice solution or at least a workaround for your request?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/aptis.plugins.shareYourJira

You will be able to grant a 1:1 view of your filter list. This plugin create a unqiue link you can send to any person. Also you can control the share by delete the link or edit the displayed columns afterwards smile

Let me know if this is something for you.

I see the plugin Share Your JIRA also be very helpful!

This is a bug. I found this question as I was trying to find out if it's filed.

You can't add jira-administrators to the "create shared objects" permission because jira-users permissions are implied with jira-administrators. However you have to be in jira-users group to actually create shared objects, it isn't inherited.

Edit: here is the bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-38509

Thanks! Finally, I found it. I got crazy trying to find subscribe and edit actions.

Hi,

I have the exact same issue, was not an issue until today, previously i've shared filters with no issues? 

I can however edit dashboard shares.

Seems to work only when you select "My" Filters from "Manage filters" section. You get an option to edit the filter here. 

But if you search for a filter and gets listed there though you are the owner, you dont have an option to edit.

(Solution gotten from this ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-38509)

I have the same problem - as of today nobody can share their filters!

See aslo : JSWCLOUD-16425

Seems to work only when you select "My" Filters from "Manage filters" section. You get an option to edit the filter here. 

But if you search for a filter and gets listed there though you are the owner, you dont have an option to edit.

(Solution gotten from this ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-38509)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

286 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you