Cannot instantiate message handler error

Dan Putt February 19, 2012

I have successfully set up the POP Email Server and tested its configuration and everything works properly. But now when I attempt to add a "Create a new Issue from each email message" task I get an error.

When testing this I get the following error messages:

Cannot instantiate message handler 'com.atlassian.jira.plugins.mail.handlers.CreateIssueHandler. This service will not work until this problem is fixed.
Cannot instantiate message handler 'com.atlassian.jira.plugins.mail.handlers.CreateIssueHandler. This service will not work until this problem is fixed.

The strange part about this, is that everything was working up until late last week. I know of absolutely no configuration changes that we have done to cause this.

I'm also not sure where I can go to find the logs that show me what the errors are.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2012

Hi Dan,

As per our restricted functions list, creating issues from email in OnDemand is not currently supported.

Your method of using the built-in mail server to achieve this was an ingenius workaround, although since it's not a supported configuration, the recent JIRA 5 upgrade seems to have stopped this unsupported workaround from working.

We are tracking this feature request as JST-5649. You can watch/comment/vote on the feature as you wish.

Suggest an answer