Cannot find task that created in roadmap

xufeng yang April 10, 2023

I created a task from the roadmap, but can't find it on board.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

Hello @xufeng yang 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Is the project a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? That information will show at the bottom of the navigation panel on the left.

Is the board a Kanban board or a Scrum board?

Check to following items:

- Do you have any quick/custom filters active on your board?

- Are all statuses mapped to columns on the board/backlog?

- Is the issue showing on the backlog screen instead of the board?

-

Hi

@Trudy Claspill

Thanks for replying to me.

This is a Kanban board in Team Managed project.

- Do you have any quick/custom filters active on your board?

No. I have cleared all filters.

- Are all statuses mapped to columns on the board/backlog?

All statuses are mapped to columns on the board.
I compared the status of the task that was not displayed with the task created from the Kanban board. 

- Is the issue showing on the backlog screen instead of the board?

Nope.

Maybe that has some problem with the Japanese characters?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

What type of issue is it? Is it an Epic or a Subtask?

Epics are not available to be displayed on the Kanban board for a Team Managed project. If you use the Group By Epics option then the Epics will show up as headers for swimlanes that contains the child issues of the Epics.

Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 5.40.44 PM.png

On the Backlog screen (if you have that enabled) the Epics show up in a separate panel that you can turn on and off.

Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 5.41.55 PM.png

If the issue created was a subtask, those also don't show on the board as cards unless you use the Group By Subtasks option.

And they don't show in the Backlog screen at all, but you are alerted that they exist by the child issues icon on their parent issue.

Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 5.43.55 PM.png

Like xufeng yang likes this

Hi, @Trudy Claspill 

Thank you very much.

I have solved the problem.

I found the issue (not a subtask or epic) in the backlog, It is displayed when I moved it to the board.

But, I don't know the reason why it was in the backlog.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2023

When you use the Create button in the menu bar newly created issues are automatically added to the Backlog section of the Backlog screen when you have the Backlog enabled for a Kanban board.

With a Team Managed project an issue can be in any status and be either in the Backlog list or on the board. You have to move issues from the Backlog section of the Backlog screen to the Board section on the Backlog screen in order for the issue to appear on the board.

Screen Shot 2023-04-11 at 7.46.29 AM.png

If you want to create the issue directly on the board you can use the +Create Issue option shown above at the bottom of the Board section of the Backlog screen, or the +Create Issue option that shows at the bottom of the first column on the board itself.

Screen Shot 2023-04-11 at 7.50.51 AM.png

xufeng yang April 11, 2023

Thank you for your continued support.

I really appreciate that! 

0 votes
xufeng yang April 11, 2023

Hi, @Trudy Claspill 

Thank you for your continued support.

I really appreciate that! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD