Cannot extract IssueLink from issue

Robert November 10, 2017

Hi,

I have 2 Jira instances (01 & 02) which are linked. Each instance contains an issue (TEST01-1 & TEST02-1). The issues are linked to each other (reciprocal link). My goal is to extract TEST01-1 from the link in TEST02-1, therefore I have written the following code:

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLinkManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLink
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser
import org.apache.log4j.Category

def Category log = Category.getInstance("com.onresolve.jira.groovy.PostFunction")
log.setLevel(org.apache.log4j.Level.DEBUG)

def issueLinkManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager()
def allRelatedIssues = new LinkedList<Issue>()
for (IssueLink link in issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks((Long)10400)) {
    allRelatedIssues.add(link.getDestinationObject())
}

log.debug ('Size of Issue-List: ' + allRelatedIssues.size())
log.debug ('Content of Isse-List: ' + allRelatedIssues)
log.debug ('Size of IssueLink-List Outward: ' + issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks((Long)10400).size())
log.debug ('Size of IssueLink-List Inward: ' + issueLinkManager.getInwardLinks((Long)10400).size())
log.debug ('Issue-Key for the Issue-ID 10400: ' + ComponentAccessor.issueManager.getIssueObject(10400 as long))

When I execute the code in the Script console I obtain the following output:

2017-11-10 15:51:29,780 DEBUG [groovy.PostFunction]: Size of Issue-List: 0
2017-11-10 15:51:29,780 DEBUG [groovy.PostFunction]: Content of Isse-List: []
2017-11-10 15:51:29,780 DEBUG [groovy.PostFunction]: Size of IssueLink-List Outward: 0
2017-11-10 15:51:29,780 DEBUG [groovy.PostFunction]: Size of IssueLink-List Inward: 0
2017-11-10 15:51:29,781 DEBUG [groovy.PostFunction]: Issue-Key for the Issue-ID 10400: TEST01-1

As the output indicates, the List "allRelatedIssues" is empty and I don't understand why. After all, the Issues are linked, I used the right Issue-ID (see Screenshots) and I performed a re-index just in case. What could be the problem? Does anybody have an idea?

Thank you in advance!

Issue01.pngIssue02.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2017

It seems you have "remote links" in your issues instead of normal issueLinks. Thus "issueLinkManager" won't work as it's for internal links within the same JIRA instance but you have 2 different JIRA instances.

Try this code snippet

RemoteIssueLinkService remoteIssueLinkService = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(RemoteIssueLinkService.class)
RemoteIssueLinkService.RemoteIssueLinkListResult links = remoteIssueLinkService.getRemoteIssueLinksForIssue(currentUser, issue

(you have to use "RemoteIssueLinkService") 

Robert November 13, 2017

Hi Tarun,

thank you very much for your quick respond. You are right - that was the problem - now it's solved! :)

Suggest an answer