Cannot connect JIRA Software Cloud to Zapier

Deleted user May 16, 2019

My issue is very similar if not the same as this issue.

Zapier offer a way to connect to JIRA Cloud but for some strange reason it wont authenticate successfully.

The below screen is what I end up seeing and seem to have no way to get past it.

"You don’t have access to this app.
This application is in development - only the owner of this application may grant it access to their account."

auth-error-jira.JPG

Is anyone aware of fix for this? I am the owner of both accounts; Zapier and Atlassian but am not sure how to grant the suggested access.

I spoke to Zapier too and they said that they're pursuing to apply for "public" status for their OAuth app but this is yet to come through from Atlassian.

However, there surely must be a workaround until the two of them (Zapier<>Atlassian) sort out the OAuth differences.. or is there not?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user May 22, 2019

This is now fixed.

David Johnson May 23, 2019

Thanks for helping get this issue resolved, @[deleted]. With the oAuth conection working, I've now been able to confirm that it is possible to connect JIRA Core to Zapier with the same integration.

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user May 25, 2019

Thats really good to hear @David Johnson - thank you for your help too :-)

Like David Johnson likes this
Nauman Afzal May 19, 2021

how you fixed it?

6 votes
Jason Miller May 17, 2019

I'm also having the same issue.  I took a recording http://recordit.co/6gwNtF2c2y.

1 vote
Anmol Agrawal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2019

Hi @[deleted] @Jason Miller 

I just replicated this as per your description and recording and it seems to be working fine now. It's possible that integration wasn't fully activated. Here is my recording - http://recordit.co/QNmi2LnpRF

Can you please try again and let me know if you are still facing issues?

Thanks.

Deleted user May 22, 2019

Hi @Anmol Agrawal thank you for the follow up but it was only fixed this morning. I got a message from Zapier too. So although I appreciate you letting us know that it is fixed, there's no need to play us for fools. Many people reported this issues and it only got activated a few hours ago.

Like Anmol Agrawal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events