Cannot close sprint, if a subtask is resolved with "won't do"?

Florian Grau June 10, 2021

Hello,

we introduced a new status: "Abandoned" with the resolution "Won't do". Now, whenever a subtask of a story is assigned that status I cannot close the sprint containing that story.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

My guess is that the status "abandoned" is not in the last column on your board?

That would mean that issues that are "abandoned" are not considered "done".

Florian Grau June 10, 2021

This was indeed the case and I now moved it to the last column. Let's see in two weeks if that works.

If it does, thank you so much - would have never thought of that!

Alex Worden January 20, 2023

That is a HUGE bug. I do not want "Abandoned" on my boards because dragging things to "Done" places them in "Abandoned" state. Abandoned means "resolved" and that means I should be able to close the sprint. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2023

There's no bug here, it's working as intended.  

Your "abandoned" status is a sub-set of any status you consider done.  You've looked at it, and decided it doesn't need any more work ("done" is a short way to say "no one (in this team) needs to work on this again")

Configure your boards to have a done column that includes your abandoned status.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events