Cannot attach or paste videos to JIRA tickets anymore

Tricia Huerta
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 5, 2023

It was working fine up until this week; I usually paste in videos (short screen recordings (~2MB) to show errors that are happening or confirm fixes have gone through. Suddenly I can no longer attach any videos to any tickets. I've tried renaming the files, I've tried logging in in incognito, I've tried other browsers (Chrome and Safari) , rebooting my machine, clearing the cache - nothing is working. 

Videos are MP4 files, small in size (less than 50MB), and contain no special characters. They used to attach just fine, and suddenly, nothing works. I am the admin on the account, and there are no file size limits set against my account.

Is there a maximum number of files or drive space allowed (across all attachments) for free accounts? Are there any known browser extensions that might trigger this? I've turned off the usual suspects and still no progress (and have no extensions on Safari, as I never use it). 

This is the error when I attach - errors straight away, doesn't even attempt to look like it's trying:

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 18.02.40.png

This is the error when I paste into a comment - it sometimes just immediately shows a failed display, before I save, or, in this case, it showed the video (and I could play the video) but then converted to this + error (bottom left) on save of the comment:Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 17.26.24.png

Here are the admin settings for attachments: 
Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 18.04.06.png

Up for any and all ideas, I'm going crazy and it's causing a build up in our backlog as I can't attach proof of fixes / builds to our tickets. 

Thanks all!

1 answer

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2023

"Is there a maximum drive space allowed (across all attachments) for free accounts?"

Yes. 2Gb.

Refer to the Jira Compare Plans and Pricing page.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events