Cannot add new Status nor change Fields in JIRA

Scarlett Koller April 17, 2019

(Confirmed that I am an administrator, so this should not be happening)

When navigating around a newly created JIRA project, cannot find anything that looks like the page shown in Atlassian's documentation here. Instead, page looks like this:

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 11.16.38 AM.png

Unsure why I am being told to contact the administrator when I am the administrator (and yes, I am logged in here.) Please advise.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

That's the project admin screens, I would head for the system administration section using the cog at the top right.

Scarlett Koller April 18, 2019

Ah, I don't have system admin access. Why would you need system admin access to change the fields for only 1 project?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2019

Sorry, I wrote the wrong thing - you don't need System admin, you need Jira admin.  Same cog at the top right though, just that the list of options you can do is shorter (System admins have all admin rights, Jira admin is a sub-set of the options)

Fields are global items, you need Jira admin to be able to grant them the contexts across one or many projects.

Suggest an answer